The Centre for Response – Based Practice: Interior Region
Kamloops, British Columbia
People seek counselling and consulting for a wide range of concerns. Some have been led to believe that they are struggling because they have been labelled with a disorder or dysfunctional behaviour following an extreme life experience. Sometimes it is more about a long history of difficult and painful life circumstances.
At the Centre for Response Based Practice, we have found that when people begin to acknowledge their own history of resistance against adversity, they find that rather than pre-existing weaknesses and deficiencies they have many pre-existing capacities.
Our practice has joined colleagues together who are interested in similar ideas, have a commitment to social justice, equality, and to ensure that every individual is treated with dignity.
Our work experience is collectively broad, and includes the following:
- Adults, families, couples, children and youth counselling
- Working for victims and offenders of violence
- Specializing in experiences of loss & grief
- Children and youth with special needs (and their families), including an Autism diagnosis
- Youth using substances, and their families
- Eating disorders and body image challenges
- Sports and athletics counselling
- Views of the child reports
- Clinical supervision and organizational development
Above all else, The Centre for Response Based Practice’s approach is straight-forward and considers the full context of people’s lives and circumstances. We understand people of all ages and backgrounds as going to extreme lengths to protect their dignity when faced with violence, oppression and adversity.
As part of our core values, each counsellor reserves 5-10% of our caseloads for pro bono or sliding scale work, in service of our community.